Thanks for visiting Roosiehood, the Roosevelt Neighborhood blog. Before you use our website, please take a look at the policies that keep our website community safe and happy.
The terms “Roosiehood”, “Roosiehood.com” “we”, or “us” refers to the owners of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Code of Conduct
We encourage you to contribute and be a part of this website’s community. In return, we ask you to respect the rules and be considerate to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our community. We require everyone who comments, participates in postings, and/or shares events agree to adhere to this code of conduct. Please know that any failure to abide by the code of conduct may result in restriction of access to this website and/or the deletion of any content or text uploaded or otherwise posted by you on this website. We reserve the right and discretion to edit, remove, delete, block, or otherwise disable your access to this account or any uploaded content that does not comply with this code of conduct as we see fit.
- Offensive and profane content: Users should refrain from using language or posting content that may be considered offensive or profane to the website community. This includes, but is not limited to profanity and offensive images, or other media that contains obscene, sexually explicit, or excessively violent content.
- Harassment: Users are expressly prohibited from harassing or threatening other community members. Harassment includes but is not limited to: insults, ethnic and homophobic slurs, defamatory statements, invasive statements that may infringe on a user’s privacy, or the transmission or sharing of any content that may cause another member to experience ridicule, threat or discomfort.
- Inappropriate Behavior: Users shall not use or allow their account to be used for any illegal or prohibited content, which includes, but is not limited to content that is: unlawful; impersonates any person or entity or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision excludes content that qualifies as fair use such as non-deceptive parody of public figures); any form of unsolicited marketing such as “spam”;
- Other inappropriate content: Owners or website moderators may flag and delete any content as inappropriate if it is not in the best interest of members of the community. Certain content can lead to disruptive or aggressive behavior due to the sensitive nature of topics including but not limited to sexuality, religion, race, or content that may be inappropriate for younger members. Users that repeatedly post inappropriate content or show disrespect for behavior guidelines may have their account or site access removed without warning.
- Copyright Infringement and Proprietary Rights: Registered users are expressly prohibited from posting, uploading or sharing any material that may infringe on the copyrights or proprietary rights of any other individual in the world. For purposes of the terms and conditions proprietary rights includes but are not limited to trademarks, trade secrets, confidential information, or information subject to a non-disclosure agreement. Please reference the Copyright Policy for additional information.
You are encouraged to notify us in the event of content or behavior that has violated this code of conduct. Please note that failure to enforce any part of our code of conduct does not constitute a waiver of any portion of this code of conduct.
Children Under 13 Years of Age
To the extent possible under U.S. Law, Roosiehood is not liable for any copyright infringement arising from any materials posted, shared, uploaded or otherwise transmitted on this website, including advertisements, user generated content or other third party content. However, under U.S. law and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 we are able to provide the lawful owners of copyrighted works recourse in the event that their copyrights are infringed. If you believe that your copyrights are being violated by materials found on this web site, please contact us so that we may investigate your claims and, if appropriate, modify or remove the infringing material. Please see our Copyright Policy for more information on how and where to file a notification.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, SERVICES, AND MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT APPLICABLE BY LAW WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO WARRANT THE NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER ROOSIEHOOD NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED GUARANTEES THAT SERVICE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR DEFECT-FREE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL FOUND ON THIS WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT WILL ROOSIEHOOD, ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS), OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE OR LOSS OF DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIABILITY
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Roosiehood and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective members, employees and agents, against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs, and expenses insofar as such losses arise out of or are based on any claim that content you submit infringes on any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, license, publicity right, privacy right, goodwill, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party. Roosiehood shall not be liable to you or any entity for any damages or a loss of revenue, profits arising in connection with any aspect of these terms.
Dispute Resolution Policy
You agree to the following dispute resolution policy in connection with any potential claims or disputes arising from your use of this website.
- Informal Negotiations: Parties to a dispute concerning the terms and conditions of use, the Privacy or Copyright Policy, or the use of this website will attempt to informally negotiate a potential settlement or resolution to the dispute;
- Online Arbitration: In the event that informal negotiations are unsuccessful, the parties agree to follow the American Arbitration Association’s online arbitration procedures to resolve the dispute.
- Binding Arbitration: If for any reason online arbitration is unsuccessful or unavailable to the parties, parties agree to submit to binding arbitration in the jurisdiction of the State of Washington.
- Term of Agreement. The terms and conditions of use together with our Privacy and Copyright policy shall remain in full force and effect for as long as you are a user of the website. In the event of termination of your access to the website, you will still be bound by these terms and conditions and the accompanying policies for a period of three years.
- Domicile of this Website. This web site is controlled, owned, and operated in the State of Washington. If you access this website from any other location in the world you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for the compliance of your own jurisdiction’s laws and regulations.
- Jurisdiction and Choice of Law. The validity, interpretation, and performance of these Terms and Conditions are governed and controlled by the laws and regulations of the state of Washington. In the event of a dispute you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state of Washington.
- Severability. In the event any provision of the terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable for any reason, the legality, validity, and enforceability of the remainder of the terms and conditions shall not be affected and shall remain in full force and effect to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions along with the website’s Privacy and Copyright policies contain the agreement between you and Roosiehood. Any prior versions of this Agreement shall have no effect on these terms and conditions.
- Assignment. Roosiehood reserves the right to assign the terms and conditions, including the Privacy and Copyright policies to any third party at our sole discretion by acquisition of this website or by merger.
If you have any questions about our policies, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roosiehood has adopted the following Copyright Policy in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You can download a copy of the DMCA from the U.S. Copyright Office (PDF).
Roosiehood is not liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on the website or items advertised on the website, by the end users or other third parties (“you”). We reserve the right to remove any material or content that we believe is copyrighted or may be copyrighted material. We will notify you of the removal of the material from the website. If you disagree with our decision to remove the material, you may provide us with proof of ownership or evidence of permission to use such content in the form of a counter notice as outlined below to and we will gladly restore the material.
Procedure for Submitting Notice of Infringement
If you believe in good faith that your copyright rights are being violated by any of the materials posted on this website, promptly, please file a notice of infringement directed to the address provided below.
To file a notice of infringement with the website owner, you must provide a written communication that sets forth the following items:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
For additional information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3).
All notices for claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement should be directed to:
3 Em Dash, LLC
1037 NE 65th Street Suite 313
Seattle, Washington 98115
Procedure for Submitting Counter-Notification
If we receive a notice of infringement against you, the website owner will attempt to notify you and provide you with a copy of the notice of copyright infringement. If you have a good faith belief that you have been wrongfully accused, you may file a counter-notification in accordance with section 512(g) of the DMCA with the website owner. If the website owner receives a valid counter-notification, the DMCA permits the website owner to restore content that has been removed and/or re-enable access.
To file a counter notification, you must provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below.
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
For additional information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3).
All Counter-notifications should be directed to:
3 Em Dash, LLC
1037 NE 65th Street Suite 313
Seattle, Washington 98115
The purpose of this website is to communicate about our neighborhood and share information with the community. Please be aware that information that you submit through commenting, posting, or email may be displayed publically on Roosiehood, or on websites outside of our control. If you do not want the information to be public, then do not submit it.
Date of last revision: March, 18, 2011.
Information Collection and Use
Email Address Confidentiality
If you wish to subscribe to the website and its blog, we ask that you provide a valid email address. We may occasionally notify you via email of any announcements or notices. However, Roosiehood will not sell or rent your email address to third parties. We may also notify you via email of any or notices.
Internet Protocol addresses indicate the location of users’ computers in the Internet. Our website servers log IP addresses for the administration of this website. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
We may collect cookies to assist us in the proper functioning of our service. Cookies are small pieces on non-identifying data stored on your computer. A session ID cookie is received through the web browser and it expires once you close your web browser. A persistent cookie is stored on your computer and you can clear it by accessing your Internet browser’s settings.
Children Under 13 Years of Age
Pursuant to Roosiehood’s Terms and Conditions of Use, you must be 13 years and older to use this site or FIRST have permission from a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect information for children under 13, the Information Collection and Use for children under 13 is identical to the one stated above. Identifiable information such as e-mail is used for internal purposes only and will not be shared with any third parties. We advise parents to monitor their children’s use of this website and we request that children under the age of 13 not provide personally identifiable information such as name, address, phone number, age or location on any public area (including your personal profile) of this website.
Third Party Advertising
When you visit our website, advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies (“Third-Party Advertisers”) who display ads on the website may collect non-personal information such as your computer IP address in order to track visits to this and other websites and provide advertisements on this and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Included among the third-party advertising are advertisements provided by Google. As a third-party advertiser, Google utilizes DART cookies in order to display ads to users based on their visit to this site and other sites on the Internet. You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie here on the advertising opt-out page.
On our website you may occasionally find links to third-party websites. Please exercise caution and your own judgment, as we cannot be responsible for the content and privacy policies of other websites that you come across. Any such links to other websites does not constitute or imply endorsement by us of those websites, their content, and practices.
Contacting us about privacy concerns
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.