The Roosevelt Bull Moose Festival planning committee is charging ahead with exciting plans for this year’s festival (July 28th – mark your calendars), and they are looking for some help with the following positions:
1. Green Committee: this group of volunteers will work with Seattle Public Utilities to set up waste stations and to educate festival goers on resources available to them in the City of Seattle and green living tips.
2. Traffic Control: while not terribly glamorous this is a vital area we need volunteers. The city requires us to have a person staged at each of the street closure areas. With enough volunteers we can keep this to a minimum time per person at each station.
3. Local Artist Coordination: This is an area we want to develop this year. We need a couple volunteers who will find artists, coordinate the area, and manage it the day of the event.
4. Publicity: Are you a PR person? We want to really get the word out this year and would welcome any expertise and time commitment possible.
5. Sign and Poster Distribution: Have a staple gun? Give us a hand! We will have posters to be hung and distributed and yard signs to be posted around the area.
6. Set Up and Clean Up: all of the booths, stage, etc. will be set up for us by the rental company. We always need a bit of extra help to make things run smoothly and definitely need help cleaning up the area afterwards to leave no trace…
7. Sponsor Booth: This will be a space for businesses and sponsors to display any information they would like to share with festival goers. We will need a couple people to man this booth throughout the day.
8. Beer Garden ID checkers: the fun job of checking everyone’s id before they are able to enter the beer garden.
9. Photographers: We would love to have photos of the event this year. Nothing fancy just some shots of activities and people.
10. Disaster Preparedness: I know there is a group of people in our neighborhood who are “experts” on this. I would love to be able to have an educational area where people can get this information and talk to people who have gone through this process.
If you are interested in volunteering for these or are just interested in lending a hand at this year’s festival, please contact Michele Cole at email@example.com