The Seattle Fire Department responded en masse to a house fire in the 800 block of NE 62nd Street on Monday afternoon, June 4. When they arrived, smoke was pouring out of the windows but no flames were visible.
According to the Fire Department, the fire started when something on the stove-top ignited and then spread to the kitchen cabinets. The firefighters put the fire out very quickly and treated the resident of the home for minor smoke inhalation. The total damage is said to be about $20,000.