The monthly meeting of the Roosevelt Sustainability Group (RSG) is this Tuesday, June 14 at 7:00 p.m at the Calvary Christian Assembly Church (6801 Roosevelt Way NE). This will be their last meeting until September.
Here’s a bit more about the RSG’s mission, from their website:
We are a neighborhood group committed to leaving the earth better than we find it. The core group started with an initial few who worked on a priority-setting exercise for the Roosevelt Neighborhood. We initially focused on the natural environment and the redevelopment of the built environment in our neighborhood. We have grown to 40 or more individuals who seek a self-reliant community which embraces all aspects of sustainability (environmental, social and economic) and works collaboratively with others in Seattle and the region.
The mission of the Roosevelt Sustainability Group is to take unique local action, creating and maintaining a vibrant and sustainable Roosevelt Neighborhood by:
- Minimizing our carbon footprint.
- Making supportive connections neighbor-to-neighbor in pursuit of sustainability.
- Networking with other neighborhood and regional groups to link people with common interests.
- Preserving and renewing the natural resources and beauty around us.
- Promoting a built environment which respects the planet.
- Supporting modes of transportation which contribute to sustainability.
- Educating ourselves about personal/household/community actions that sustain us.
- Maximizing local food and energy production and sustainable businesses.
- Expressing a neighborhood voice for sustainability in public and private policy.